You can begin treating your pre diabetes naturally by adding 5 herbs to your daily routine. Pre diabetes isn’t something you want to ignore because by ignoring it, you will develop type 2 diabetes. When your body has trouble digesting foods that are high in carbs, the result will be a spike in your blood sugar levels. There are two things that you can do to prevent this from happening. You can follow a new diet and add herbs as well.
Follow a Healthy Diet Plan
Though there are herbs for pre diabetes treatment, there is more to consider than just this. You also need to focus on improving your diet. To do so, make your first step a transformation of your diet. Remove the carbs from it and introduce a larger quantity and a higher quality of vegetables to it. To get more guidance on how to do this, check out Dr. Bernstein’s Diet or the Low Glycemic Index Diet. Both work very well to control and prevent type 2 diabetes.
5 Herbs You Should Try
Dieting does help but you can see improved results if you use herbs in your diet, too. The following are 5 herbs for pre diabetic treatment. They work very efficiently to help to control or boost your insulin levels.
1. Do you love the smell of cinnamon? By adding cinnamon to your meals as often as you can you will find that your blood sugar levels are easier to maintain.
2. Fenugreek is another great choice. It has an anti diabetic property to it in that it works to better control blood sugar levels in the foods you eat.
3. Garlic is another good choice that is easy to add to your diet. Garlic is an excellent tool for lower blood sugar levels and a remedy for diabetes sufferers.
4. Bitter melon is another choice. It works to lower blood sugar levels. Although it is a vegetable in Asian diets, most Americans will find it in herb form.
5. Have you heard of prickly pear? Prickly pear is used as a folk remedy for high blood sugar. In the U.S. Southwest you will find it as the reddish fruit of a common cactus. There are several ways that you can eat prickly pear. You can purchase the raw fruit and cook it yourself, or you can buy it as a juice or fruit spread. Look for the sugar free ones.
By taking these herbs for pre diabetes treatment, you can get your diabetes under control and improve your overall quality of life. Even if you do not have this condition just yet, making changes to your diet now and supplementing it with these herbs will help to prevent on the onset.