There are so many types and makes of glucose monitoring and insulin delivery devices and each seems to have different features, some are presumably better than others.
How do I find out which ones are best and once I do find out can I buy it or do I just have to take whatever is shoved at me by the pharmacy or the doctor?
- Does the doctor prescribe a specific kind or brand of glucose monitor and insulin pump depending on your age?
- If your Dr gives you a prescription for an insulin pump do you have a choice of what brand and where you get it?
- Do you shop around your local pharmacies or online for your monitors?
- How do I know if my insurance will only cover certain brands of monitor?
- How do I find out about the different available devices from some impartial source, someone who isn’t earning comission?
- Is there a “must have” glucose monitor brand?
Being told I have diabetes was enough of a shock now I have to find out all this new stuff.