People with diabetes may think that the only way to maintain steady blood sugar numbers is through medication. However, it is also possible for a person with diabetes to maintain good blood sugar numbers by changing the way they live to include the following natural steps in their daily lifestyle.
* 7 hours or more of sleep – Some people brag that they can get by on 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. They love being night owls. But what they don’t understand is that their current health issues, such as diabetes or high blood pressure may be the result of only sleeping a few hours a night. To maintain optimal health, including ideal blood sugar numbers, everyone should sleep at least 7 or more hours per night. Try to maintain a regular schedule of going to bed by 10 p.m. Turn off the TV and the lights and avoid any distractions that may stop you from falling asleep. Ideally a person should fall asleep within 20 minutes of going to bed.
* Avoid sweets – Of course, you know that you need to avoid sweets and refined sugars when you’re a diabetic. This step alone will lower your blood sugar. This means you need to avoid sugary snacks, treats, and candies, as well as white pastas and breads.
* Boost your fiber intake – When your body takes in more fiber, it will slow down the rate of digestion in your body, which will help to lower your blood sugar naturally. You can find out how much fiber is in a food by reading the food label and looking at the dietary fiber grams count. Ideally, a person should have about 20 grams each day for the most health benefit.
* Reduce your caffeine intake – The more caffeine you have, the harder it can be to regulate your caffeine intake, so try to reduce your caffeine intake to make sure you’re doing all you can.
* Exercise – When you exercise, your body is better able to regulate your blood sugar. Daily exercise will ensure you are able to keep your blood sugar levels at their optimum numbers.
* Eating low carb – New research is showing that diabetics are finding it much easier to maintain lower blood sugar numbers when they pay closer attention to the amount of carbs they eat throughout the day. As you do your grocery shopping remember to check the labels on products to find out how many carbs per serving. There are also many websites that you can search through to find new and very tasty low carb recipes. Check with your physician to see how many carbs you should eat at each meal.
* Avoid stress – When your mind is stressed, your body will be stressed too. Try to find ways to relieve the stress you have in your life to naturally support your blood sugar. Each day, try to relax and find a way to calm your mind.
Naturally controlling your blood sugar may allow you to lower the dosages of your medication in the future. In addition, the more you regulate your blood sugar, the healthier your body will be. While there will certainly be times when you will not be perfect in your diet, the more healthy habits you can pick up, the better it will be for your overall health goals.
To learn more about a whole program of natural treatment options for high blood sugar, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and pre diabetes, visit us at www.highbloodsugarsolution.com/free-kit