There is a growing trend towards natural treatment for Type 2 diabetes.
There are over 22 million sufferers of one form or another or other of diabetes in the United States alone. The most widespread is Type 2 diabetes which account for about 95 percent of diabetes diagnosis in the US. Because this is the more severe form of diabetes many are looking at other alternative ways of helping to treat and control the condition. Many Type 2 diabetics are choosing to use natural treatments instead of prescription remedies prescribed by their physicians. There is a growing perception that the natural treatments are safer as side-effects and complications with conventional diabetic treatment come to public notice.
Below in this article we take a look at what kinds of natural treatments people are now using in order to help treat and control their Type 2 Diabetes. It is also important to note that the ones we have chosen to discuss in this article are readily available by going to your local health food store or by going online.
- Ginseng – Is extremely popular and has been used for centuries in treating different health problems including diabetes. In studies carried out in the USA they found that Panax Quinquefolius (North American Ginseng) has proved to be the most effective form of this plant in treating Type 2 diabetes. It is able to help control both blood sugar and glycosylated haemoglobin levels because of the properties that it contains.
- Chromium – This is an essential mineral for the human body even though it only needs small traces of it. This mineral is essential to the human body as it helps to ensure that it produces insulin properly and in ensuring that a person’s fat and carbohydrate metabolism remains constant. Yet be wary and avoid Chromium Picolinate as this mineral can cause side effects in a person.
- Magnesium – Yet another mineral that the human body needs to function properly and which helps to control the production of insulin. The best sources of foods from which magnesium can be obtained is nuts such as pecans and walnuts, along with green leafy vegetables and whole grain foods as well. Another way of ensuring that your body is getting sufficient amounts of magnesium is by taking a supplement. However, anyone who chooses to take magnesium should keep to the recommended dosage each day. If not they could find themselves suffering from some unwanted side effects, including diarrhoea, nausea, low blood pressure or loss of appetite to name a few.
- Cinnamon – This is of all the natural treatments for Type 2 diabetes that are available is not only easy to get hold of but also has a nice flavour as well. In studies carried out on this particular spice it was find that it contained properties, which were effective in helping to control blood glucose levels in people suffering from this form of diabetes.
- Zinc – Another mineral which is essential to the human body and which not only helps in the production of insulin but in the way in which it is stored within the body. The best way of getting zinc is through eating such foods as pecan nuts and walnuts, split peas, egg yolks as well as ginger root, beef liver and almonds.Along with the diabetes Type 2 natural treatments that we have mentioned above there are plenty of others that are worth considering. After a quick search on the internet you will be amazed at the number of different natural treatments for Type 2 diabetes that there out there. But if you are considering using any of them it is important that you discuss the matter with your doctor first, just in case the particular natural treatment for Type 2 diabetes that you are considering is likely to interfere with any treatment that you are currently undergoing, including those for other conditions.